Workplace bullying can take many forms.
Some are overt and obvious to most of us:
- using a threatening tone
- using threatening language
- yelling or swearing
- mocking or tauning
- berating a co-worker
Other forms of bullying in the workplace are not so obvious. Which of the following would you consider to be bullying behaviour?
- Persistently ignoring a co-worker?
- Everyone excluding the new girl?
- Spreading rumours about a manager?
- Disrespectfully criticizing a worker in front of others?
- Persistent negative behaviours towards an employee?
While the circumstances and the effect of the behaviour on the employee will determine whether the behaviour is considered bullying or not, ALL of the above may be less obvious examples of workplace bullying.